They do have different user interfaces and are not compatible with one another. You cannot restore a Nandroid backup on a different device. The Boot.img file on Samsung Firmware is packed inside the tar file. To obtain the stock boot.img file, you must extract the Samsung stock ROM file. Checkout Who Visited Your WhatsApp Profile stock ROMs Today and How to Record WhatsApp Calls on android or iphone devices. Should you ever need to fix a software problem with your phone, your NANDroid backup serves as a restore point.
- I am going to show you 2 methods in which you can save your mobile phone data and both two methods are very good.
- If you’re facing the same error with your device and plan to reinstall Android OS, you should first try making the necessary changes in the settings.
- TWRP technically stands for “Team Win Recovery Project” Which is an open-source custom recovery image for Android devices.
- It is available for the public to flash firmware on MediaTek devices.
Furthermore, since the MediaTek community officially releases the tool, it’s 100% safe and secure to use on the computer. Interested users may proceed to our tutorial on how to use SP Flash Tool to flash Android phone. Using the above instructions, you were able to create a backup of a single partition. If you want to take a backup of all the partitions, then here’s what needs to be done. You can download the MediaTek USB driver compatible with SP Flash Tool from the MediaTek Driver website or other reputable sources offering driver downloads.
- To combat such a situation you need to backup the Android ROM (original/pre-installed), prior to flashing a new ROM.
- By backing up your phone’s photos, videos, and other data, you can keep track of them all.
- In the next section of this article, we’ll go over how to backup your Android device.
- Based on my understanding, in order to keep the warranty and still play with custom ROM’s, the following steps are required.
- You need different tools to handle different tasks — some of which you can do on your phone, while others need a connection to a computer.
- The customizable panel has a gesture replacement and that’s the 3-button navbar which is highly useful for users who want the old navigation system back.
Fastboot backups aren’t designed to be restored through FlashFire, so are less useful and convenient for most users. The backup is in the form of a ZIP file with a flash-all script included inside. You need to copy the backup to your desktop computer and restore it via the Fastboot app. If you don’t know how to do this, read our primer on Fastboot to get up to speed. So TWRP is a custom recovery that you need to flash on to your stock recovery to get the most out of your phone.
The worst that can happen is to restore back to the original ROM. One thing though, do remember to back up your data before you flash any ROM. You are all done configuring the tool to flash the ROM. Put your device into download mode by first turning it OFF, then pressing and holding Volume DOWN + Home + Power buttons simultaneously. You will see an Android robot on your screen that indicates your device is in download mode. Plug it in to your computer using the USB cable that came with it. There are stock ROMs for each of the Samsung devices available out there.